– Bible training
– Leadership Development
– Ministry-specific Internships.
There are two primary paths of training for individuals to choose from – The Lead Pastor and/or Ministry Support.
Invitation only. Individuals/Couples that have been leading a small group faithfully, reproduce themselves in others, actively serve the church, exhibit maturity, and have demonstrated an ability to lead and inspire teams.
Designed for those that identify with the mission to plant churches, feel the responsibility to grow in their leadership, sense a calling to ministry, and want to be trained to support a church plant.
– Worship Arts
– Small Groups Development
– Volunteer Coordination
– Christ in the Synoptic Gospels
– Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
– Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers
– Prison Epistles: Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, and Philemon
– Introduction to Hermeneutics: How to Interpret the Bible
– The Local Church in Evangelism
– A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model
– The Church: Pentecost to Reformation
– Relationships and Ethics in Ministry
– Beginning Ministerial Internship
The training for this track will involve leadership and hands-on training from Kyle Volkmer, John Van Pay and other staff pastors, and regular guests from other growing church plants around the nation.
– Personal leadership and discipleship
– Character and ministry ethics
– Risk Management – Setting up safeguards
– Stewardship of church resources
– Prayer and Intercession
– Staff-team development
– Cultivating a shepherd’s heart
– Turning vision into working mission and strategy
– Dealing with discouragement
– Managing conflict in a healthy way
– Simple-church methodologies
– Pastoral care through small groups
– Master plan of evangelism and discipleship
Weekly internship for the lead pastors and Ministry Leads will involve getting a good understanding of all the parts that are critical for the functioning of a church ministry on the weekend and beyond. Students will spend time in each of the areas that make up the ministry of the church: Kids, Students, Small Groups, Worship Arts and Volunteer Development, in order to develop a healthy understanding of how each component works together.
As training begins, all students will escape for a weekend retreat in the hill country to pray, play, and plan. The basic cost for this trip is included with tuition.